Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A long time in posting.....

Oy vey!

That's all I have to say about the past 2 weeks or so!

I guess I had forgotten how much work goes into being in a play! I am exhausted! Last week was Tech Week.... or Hell Week as it is more commonly known in the theater world. That was in the midst of finals (which I think I did pretty well on those, btw)... and all of that was followed by 4 performances.

On a side note- I seem to be incapable of being in a WOM show without hurting myself in some shape form or fashion. At the 2:30 show on Saturday, I was waiting for my cue when I turned to one of my fellow performers and made the comment that something was wrong with my shoes. Then I (for some reason) made my entrance at roughly MACH 10. I bounced right off one of my poor fellow actors as my ankle turned right from under me. Fortunately, David caught me or I would have been on the floor. When I got off stage, I untied my shoes and started to take them off, but quickly put them back on when my ankle started to swell. By the the time the show was over, I was hurting.... badly. I didn't even make it all the way back to the dressing rooms after curtain call. Happily, one of my white knights, Ross helped me the rest of the way & went and got lunch for me and sat with me, PoD and Stacie for a while.

I iced my ankle for a couple of hours because we had another show at 8pm.... My ankle got wrapped and I went on because the show must go on....yeah..... crazy. When I got home Saturday night, I undid the wrapping and took a look at my ankle. I was very fortunate to have put ice on it when I did, so it wasn't very swollen, HOWEVER, there was a cut on the back of my ankle.

Yes, that's right, my shoe cut me. That's why it was hurting like it was.

Anyway, Sunday, my family and Darcy's parents came to the show. It was so exciting to have everyone there. Also, the family whose kids I watch came too- the girls brought me flowers & I took them on tour of the backstage area. They were thrilled.

After the show was over, my parents, his parents, Darcy and I went out to dinner. It was very cool & the food was wonderful. It was the first time our parents had met, so it was a big event! See below for pics!

Anyway- 4 more performances to go!

Me and Mr. Darcy... I'm still looking awake and okay.....

Mr. Darcy and me with his parents... This is after dinner and I'm starting to look little worn around the edges.

And here we are with my parents... And I think I was ready to fall over at this point...

I still need a day to sleep- however, that's not very realistic. Oh well, I better get back to my laundry. It was overflowing the basket! I was running out of clothes!!!!

1 comment :

Miss Knotty said...

Wowee busy girl!!! Hope to see you at Stratton's Star Wars Marathon! 7 short days!!!

Miss you!
Regina