Friday, January 23, 2009

An Article of Heartbreak

So, I was reading the article on parentdish.com. A mother in the United Kingdom wrote an article talking about her relationship with her eldest daughter… or, I should say, the lack their of. You see, she (the mother) says she doesn’t love her 11 year old daughter. She cares for the child, but she doesn’t love her. However, she adores her 2 year old little girl by her current partner.

I don’t know, I can’t imagine not loving my child… or loving one child & not the other. Of course, I only have one child… but still. It seems like such a foreign concept to my heart.

And I can only imagine what it’s doing to the heart of that little girl. I know that there are probably many (unfortunately) children who grow up feeling or thinking they aren’t loved… but to know it so intrinsically… my God. How terrible. How damaging. How heartbreaking. And then to have your mother write and spread this story for all to read...

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

I don't know what's worse......NOT loving one of your children (at least you can ACT loving, BE loving, etc....... (regardless of one's feelings) OR posting it all over the world in print so the child & everyone else will know it. How sad!