Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Discipline

.... it's a four letter concept in my world. I am, possibly, one of the most undisciplined people ever to walk the face of the earth- and you need only a few minutes of knowing me to believe that.

And I hate that. I hate that I have such a hard time staying on task and completing the tasks that I know I have to finish... to say nothing of starting those tasks. But I am undisciplined in just about every aspect of my life. Getting up in the morning, check. Going to bed at a descent hour, check. Not eating a bunch of junk food, check. School work, check. Exercise, double check, check.

And now, I'm looking at my son & I'm supposed to be teaching him discipline?!

Uhhhh... Houston, we have a problem.

How can I possibly teach J to master himself & be disciplined, when I haven't even mastered myself?

I've got to learn this! It's a thought that has been pressing more and more upon me here lately. Oh, what a struggle. Lord, help me as I struggle with this. Help me to balance mastering myself with indulging my many passions.

Does anyone else wrestle with this every day? There must be- a friend of mine on Facebook (sigh) sent me a Flair (double sigh) here not too long ago. It read, "Procrastinators of the World, Unite!... Tomorrow!"

Oy.

No comments :