Monday, September 14, 2009

Another Bookshelf Day- A 2'fer!

Since I slacked like crazy the last couple of weeks on the book reviews (though I finished another book, yea!), I thought I would double up on the reviews this week.

Without Further Ado

Bringing Up Boys- Dr. James Dobson

As the mom of a little boy, I ate this book up- especially since I grew up around girls and girly stuff. This is an excellent book for parents/grandparents who wish to help these puckish rapscallions make the transition into mighty young men. And for moms, it's a great tool for helping get into the minds of your little lads..... especially when you are looking at them, thinking, 'What in the world possessed you to.....'



Eden's Outcasts: John Matteson
I'll be honest, the first couple of chapters were a bit of a snooze-fest. However, if I had stopped, I would have missed a genuinely good book. This is an excellent peek inside the life of Louisa May Alcott & the relationship with the person who shaped her most, her father. I very much want to look for and read more of L.M.A. than just Little Women. I have been hitting Half Priced Books for more of her works and the works of her father, Bronson Alcott.
If you read and loved Little Women or it's sequels, I would highly recommend reading this biography.

1 comment :

Jill said...

I wonder if he has one called bringing up girls??