Thursday, October 08, 2009

So, It's Been a While Since a Book Review

Changing Your World: One Diaper at a Time- Marla Taviano

I picked up this book while I was still pregnant with my son, but I hadn't cracked the spine until here in the last month or so. Somehow it got shuffled to the bottom on the pile- bummer. I wish I had read it before Jacob was born & then again after. It's a great book for 1st time mom's... and even 2nd and more time mom's. :-) I thoroughly enjoyed it- most especially the particular part when you realize that every mom pretty much at some moment thinks she's the worst mom ever. That made me feel so much better as a mother.... does that make me a bad person? Oh well.

I giggled through several parts & was humbled through several more. And was once again reminded about the worst way to begin a sentence when speaking to a new mom/mom-to-be/mom-to-a-child-younger-than-yours/or a woman who doesn't have children.....

"You'll understand when....."

Technically it's written for mom's who's children are in the 1st year of their life..... be a rule breaker with me. Pick up the book & settle down for a good read, no matter how old your children are.

No comments :