Wednesday, January 01, 2014

2013 Year in Review

So, I decided to jump on a bandwagon. Heh, big shock.

Over at Rage Against the Minivan, Kristen posts her year in review every year. It's kinda like a time capsule. And, being the joiner that I am, I'm doing it too.

p.s. if you aren't reading Rage Against the Minivan, why not?! You should be.





1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
I moved into an apartment! 
I also met one of the coolest gentlemen ever- Edward James Olmos. (So Say We All!)
and
I met my major celebrity crush since I was a teenager. The one and only, Richard Dean Anderson.
Can we say, Huzzah!!!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any resolutions for 2013. Honestly, I never do.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
yup! My cousin, Alex & his lovely wife had a beautiful baby boy just before Christmas!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, no.

5. What countries did you visit?
None.

6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
More money! 

7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
There's a couple! 
The day I got married. 
Going up to West Virginia for a family reunion on my Dad's side of the family. We were there for the 4th of July, which was fantastic. And I got to spend some good time with my sweet Grandpa. I treasure every moment I get to spend with him.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Relaunching the blog and making some great friends and contacts through this little old blog.

 9. What was your biggest failure?
Not stopping more to enjoy the moment. 

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I did not. But, the beloved Husband broke his ankle back in the spring. That's been a fun adventure to navigate.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A brand new computer. I'm posting from it right now! It's so wonderful, I want to love it & hug it & pet it & call it George.

12. Where did most of your money go?
Uh. Wedding. 
  
13. What did you get really excited about?
Buying a new house & having the baby!

14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Call Me Maybe.
I know. I know.
It came on the radio one morning when Jacob and I were waiting for drop off in the car pool line at preschool. Jacob started singing it immediately & asking for it every time we got in the car. Only, his version was called, "Call Me NAVY."

And.

Thousand Years-
Again. I know.
It came on the radio when I was driving to get to hospital when E broke his ankle & I wasn't really convinced that everything was going to be okay because getting a call from your brother in law that your husband is in an ambulance on his way to the hospital tends to send this wife into Anxiety Girl in a single bound.

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? I'd say... happier.
– thinner or fatter? Uh, fatter. Which I'm totally blaming on the tiny human inside of me.
– richer or poorer? richer. ish.
 
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Read more books. 

17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Trolling Facebook. Seriously. It's not pretty.

18. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve we celebrated my Grandmother's 86th birthday at the nursing home & then had dinner and presents with my side of the family at my parents' house. On Christmas Day, we had Santa at home and then packed up and went to E's side of the family for Christmas lunch & family time. Christmas night, we went back to my parents and Jacob got more Santa & we celebrated my birthday.

19. What was your favorite TV program?
There's been a few on the Must Watch List this year.
Once Upon a Time
Duck Dynasty
Sons of Anarchy
Restaurant Impossible
Diner, Drive Ins & Dives

20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Yikes. Here's a list.
Orange is the New Black- Piper Kerman
Sparkly Green Earings- Melanie Shankle
Radical Together- David Platt
7- Jen Hatmaker

21. What was your favorite music from this year?
Pink
Chris Tomlin
Third Day  

22. What was your favorite film of the year?
Easily, Despicable Me 2.
First, I really did love it. And... it was the only movie I saw in a movie theater this year.

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I celebrated Christmas! My birthday is Christmas Day. And I'm now 33 years old!!

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I really don't know.
  
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Uh, seasonally appropriate Mom.
In the summer, it's shorts/tank tops/flip flops with a swim suit cover sundress thrown in for good measure.
In the winter, it's skinny jeans/Uggs knockoffs & cute blouses/shirts & my trusty black or cream sweater wrap. 
And jewelry. Love the bling.
And I must, at all times, have a bag that would rival Mary Poppins.

26. What kept you sane?
Music. Blogging. Snuggling with the short one. Family dinners. Mama's Nights Out. 

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Take nothing for granted. Grasp the time you have with your loved ones tightly. I'm watching my beloved Grandmother deteriorate at a rate that makes my heart burn. Every memory. Every moment is so precious. Making memories that last into years. That's what I have learned.

No comments :