Monday, February 27, 2006

A Little of This, Little of That

So, my co-Regent and I brainstormed this past Friday on my Star Trek mess. We ran a few of the ideas by the elfin princess, Wendy, and she seemed to dig them. I am fairly excited about some of the ideas and potential story points I walked away with. PoD, you are my hero! I started outlining the pilot and such over the weekend & I'm hoping to work on it some more before I go to work.

Speaking of Friday past, did anyone else think they were going to need a paddle and a boat? I'm not complaining in the least! But, Good Grief! I thought I was going to see Noah and his arc float by any moment that night. I'm hoping to see more rain... Goodness knows we need it.

The Olympics are over... didn't see hardly any of it this time around. All I can say is that I'm glad to see the Costas go away... eeck! Though, I admit, mocking the Costas with my nearest and dearest is quickly becoming an Olympic tradition... I'm thinking of going for a medal next time.

The Dallas Stars start playing again this Saturday... whoohoo! 'Nuff said.

I have to say that one of my new favorite yummy food places is Pei-Wei. (I think I spelled that right....) My Sunday school class went there a couple of Sundays ago and, let me tell you... it was so yummy!

I am currently reading 'The Ever-Loving Truth' by Dr. Voddie Baucham Jr. We heard him speak at The Heights not too long ago and I was inspired and intrigued by much of what he had to say. Anyone interested in the Christian faith and the cultural war we are currently in would do well to pick up and read this book.

On a sad note- we lost a trio of actors this past weekend. It could be said that they were each heroes to someone. All three were loved... Here's a question. How many of our heroes know how much we love them? Don't get me wrong... I'm not necessarily talking about celebrity heroes... What about our everyday heroes? Have you taken time lately to tell them what they have meant to you? If so, that's awesome. If not... why don't you? It's just a thought.

Thanks for reading!
Until next time- see you around the flower garden!

No comments :