Wednesday, January 30, 2013

We're Heading for a Wedding

(or a break down. Whatever.)

So.

Wedding.

Yes, indeed.

E and I are getting married. Soon. Very soon. And this whole shindig is being put on and planned by me. Sorta. As the bride, I feel that it is my job to have a vision. (I consider that one of my strengths.) And then, after visioning the vision, I should share and delegate the before mentioned vision. And this would work *great* if I wasn't a compulsive people pleaser. (name it and claim it, I say)

And, let's just say that there have been a *few* wires crossed with my devoted band of Merry Men (errr-women). But. But, I'm optimistic that those wires have been sorted out.

My mother is head of the decorating committee- and really, we do work well together (most of the time!). It took a bit, but she's seen my vision & is turning it into a reality for me. Bless her. Everything is going to look fabulous, I know it. I know my mother. (Seriously, the woman has a gift. Not kidding. My mommy is one of the most talented people I know.)

My soon-to-be mother-in-law is heading up the food committee. And, really? Bless her. She's been shuffled around a bit on her job & she's had the best attitude over it. She's got the menu & the troops behind her to pull it all off.

My soon-to-be big sis, Mindi is building me a chuppa. Yes, you heard that right. She's building me a chuppa. Why? Cause she loves her brother and she loves me. So cool.

My Matron of Most High Honor, Faith is keeping me sane & throwing me a 'not a shower, but a dinner where people might happen to bring presents'. :-) I am so thankful & blessed that she agreed to take this job on!

And, my other soon-to-be sis, Faith (yes. I have 2 Faiths in my life.), my soon-to-be niece Heather, & my soon-to-be sister (or sister-in-law) Janice, are all pitching in and trying to help wherever they can. Huge, amazing shout-out & thank you's go to them.

My sweet friend, Jennifer S., is photographing the wedding & reception. I'm so excited about this. Really. She is an amazing photographer & I'm so glad that she agreed to photograph my Day.

And, lest you think that there will be a cake-less reception..... I am beyond thrilled that another friend of mine is making my "Wedding Cupcakes!" That's right, we're not having a traditional cake-wedding or grooms. Instead, the uber-talented Melissa is making 2 or 3 flavors of her cupcakes for my reception. And, I'm just saying now, heads will roll if I end up walking out of the reception hall without eating a cupcake (or 3).

Y'all, I'm so excited.
But. I just need to:
find a dress (minor detail, I tell you.)
Decide what the gentlemen of the wedding will be wearing.
Send the invitations (meep! and double meep!)
....
and about 9000 other details that are making my head over-heat at any given moment in time.


No comments :