Saturday, November 30, 2013

Ice Cream: the greatest reward

So, part of our nightly routine around here is the "Responsibility & Commitment Chart" that we go through every single night. On this chart are various tasks and character building exercises that we're (and by that, I mean... Jacob) working on.

One of the most important check point on the chart is memorizing Bible Verses.

We've been doing this for 3 months (or so) & Jacob (and me & E) has memorized 3 verses. He's proud of himself. We're proud of him. And, honestly, listening to my child quote God's Words to me is priceless. He's 'hiding it in his heart' for moments later in life when he'll need it.... even if he doesn't realize how important this is now.


And when you get to go to the ice cream parlour wearing your Mickey ears & eat a big ol ice cream cone for "dinner".... it makes for a pretty special reward when you're 5.


FYI- Jacob's 3 verses are
John 3:16
Matthew 22:37
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

We're going with the verses in Luke for the month of December. A little longer. A little more challenging.

Another FYI- it cracks me up every time I hear him say "Thessalonians". Lol

No comments :