Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Wheeling Trip, Part 2

***This picks up right after part 1***

I awoke slightly more refrshed around 9:30 to find that my window (did I mention I had a window seat?) had been closed. I suspect the lady next to me of the action... she kept glaring at me all through the flight.Weird...

But, hey, the refreshment trolly was coming! Things were looking up. All I wanted at that moment was a chilled can of Dr. Pepper. That's what I get every time I fly... a bit of a tradition, if you will. Well, I got a Dr. Pepper... however, it wasn't a can and glass of ice that I recieved. Instead, all they gave me was a little midget cup that was more ice than precious nectar of the Gods. A wee bit of a jip if you ask me, but whatever...

I got in some reading!!!! Yea!!! I started T.D. Jakes', Naked and Not Ashamed. So far, a very good read! And I listened to my IPOD. Have I mentioned how much I love that amazing piece of technology? That baby can hold up to 5,000 songs!! Gotta love it! But, I digress...

Moving on....

Actually, not by much. I soon started to feel the sweet song of Morpheus luring me into dreamland and I slipped into sleep once more.

We got about 600 miles out of Pittsburgh and hit some serious turbulance. The landing, to say the least, was bumpy. What a fun rollercoaster ride that was.

(For the record, I lover rollercoaster rides... but not when I'm that far off the ground without a parachut!)

But, I am happy to report that many pasty white faces later, we landed and disembarked. PIT is fairly easy to navigate. I love signage and there was some to spare at that airport. I got to ride a moving sidewalk (another thing I love) and a tram on my way to collect my barely legal suitcase.

Then, the moment of truth!

Time to get my rental car.

All I can say is, oh the joys of 'free upgrades.' Don't you just love it when the rental company has to upgrade you for free because they don't have what whey are supposed to? I was supposed to get a full sized car.

But...

One pretty blue, brand new, PT Cruiser later, I was rolling out of the airport and embarking on the final leg of my journey.

And let me just say, I loved driving that vehicle!

To Be Continued...

No comments :