Monday, April 17, 2006

Don't Have a Title for This One...

Darcy and I ventured up to his parents' estate this past weekend for Easter. Had a wonderful time. But I am highly allergic to something up there & woke up Saturday with a stuffed up head and an awful sore throat. Hurt to swallow all weekend long. As you may well imagine, I spent the weekend in a medicine induced haze. Ahh... the power of drugs.

I looked at my calendar this past weekend & it hit me that it is already April... and we're on the downhill slide towards May.

But, I have been thinking more and more of of the future and what the future holds. The things that I want... some things that are out of my hands, even if I don't think they should be. Things that hang on others. That's the price we, mere mortals, pay for interacting with others... those others don't always do what we want them to do when we want them to. And it can make you crazy.

As everyone can testify, one of the hardest things to master is learning to respect another enough to accept that person's decision... even when you disagree... even when it involves you.

But- there are those other things that I can do something about. Stuff that I have control of. I'm thinking more and more on those things... About making my life my own.... Making sure that it falls under the headship of God and not necessarily other people.

Anyway- just something I was thinking about...

No comments :