Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Did I mention....

that I've made a personal bet with myself to see how many books I can read in a year?

No?

Well, let me tell you all about it!

Not too terribly (ok, it was kind a while ago) long ago, I read on another blog (a bud of mine) that he was going to go for the cannon ball read- which is to say that he was going to try and read 100 book in a year. Lofty goal and one that I am totally behind and so think I could achieve... except for the whole lazy factor.

Sooooo......

In the interest of not wishing to be totally and completely lazy I decided to meet myself halfway and see how many books I could read in a year if I made a real effort- and this does not include my books for school... pity me, please. I started August 1st...ish. I included Eden's Outcasts because I was about 2 chapters in, even though I started the blasted thing in March. Deal.

As an added bonus, I'll review the books as I read them, just to keep myself on the up and up & because I know every single (what, 10's of maybe 5?) person who reads this blog is burning with anticipation to know what my literary thoughts are.

..............

3 comments :

Unknown said...

Hey Zoe!

Yeah, I'm only up to 46 books this year. Not on track to hit 100 by my birthday.....:(

-Mal

Mom said...

I am totally burning with anticipation...............!!!!!

Jill said...

I haven't read a 100 books in my lifetime and I don't think I will ever reach that goal. :)

WAY to go! I'm gonna need you to just inform me about all of your books. This way when a smart person wants to know if I read "so-so" book, then I can say, no but I heard about it! :)