Monday, February 15, 2010

Gross stuff warning & other more fun stuff

So what's going on in my little corner of the world?

Well, let's see.... little Jacob is sick. Huge Bummer. Took him to the doctor last week & our rockstar family doc diagnosed him with an ear infection. Ick. Now, he's snotty & coughing up a lung. ::sigh:: And all that snot its making for a vomitous little boy. As an extra special gift last night, at 1:30 in the blessed a.m., the poor little dude threw up all over me, him and the floor in his room.

And let me tell you something, there's not much that will snap you into wakefulness like a vomiting 18 month old.

And as an extra special treat, I'm fighting off this plague. Awesome.

Yesterday I ate leftover chips, salsa and guacamole from Papacitos for lunch. And it was glorious, I tell you.

And can I just take a moment to tell you the greatest way to cook & eat asparagus? Snap the woody ends off, coat them in extra virgin olive oil, & wrap 3-4 in a strip of bacon. Then salt and pepper. Throw those puppies in an 400 degree oven & watch them closely. When the bacon starts crisping up, pull 'em out & hit 'em with some fresh squeezed lemon juice. Yummy.

Do you know the Pioneer Woman? You should. She's got a salsa recipe that I'm itching to try. You know, when I'm done slaying the Black Plague that's currently invaded my house.

No comments :