Thursday, April 29, 2010

Some Chicken You Might Like

Warning: If the thought of consuming of preparing poultry makes you ill, then you might want to skip this post.

Today we're talking chicken. I have 2 chicken recipes for you. Both have been tested (both in the cooking and in the eating arenas) and considered TASTY.

Both recipes were snagged off other websites- one from Pace Southwestern Cooking & the other.... heh, I don't remember. Oops. All that to say, these aren't my recipes but I feel compelled to share yumminess when I find it.

You're Welcome.

Tasty Chicken #1
1 packet of Good Seasoning Italian dressing
1/2 cup brown sugar
whatever chicken parts make you happy (but I would say about 4 or more pieces)

Pre-heat oven to 350.
PAM a baking dish. Place chicken in dish.

In a bowl, mix the packet of dressing and the brown sugar. Pour over the chicken. Then slam the birdies into the oven for 50 minutes (about). No, I'm not kidding. As the sugar starts to melt, it will form a sauce, just go back & spoon over the chicken every once in a while.


Tasty Chicken #2
aka: Salsa Chicken

(unrelated question: why do recipes with a southwest bent almost always use the word "zippy"? and why do I almost always get the overwhelming urge to white-out that insipid word?... something to ponder....)

5 chicken breasts (duh)
1 3/4 cups salsa of your choice (I used mild)
3 T & 2 1/4 t packed brown sugar
1 T & 3/4 t Dijon mustard (okay, I'll be honest- I eyeballed this... and it was honey dijon)

Preheat oven to 350.
PAM a baking dish and lovingly place your chicken in it. I salt and peppered mine.

Combine the other ingredients and then pour over the chicken. Bake for 55-60 minutes.


Eat and Enjoy

No comments :