Saturday, May 08, 2010

A Most Useless Post (But there is some substance)

It's true, I don't have much to say today. Sad, I know. I have been trying, desperately, to find some pithy topic that I could chat about.... but, I got nothing.

::sigh::

Oh, here's something- In Houston, Texas a little girl was given detention for a week for being in possession of a Jolly Rancher. The brazen little huzzy. Apparently in the new craze for health in fitness we've decided to steer into the crazy skid in my beloved home state.

I mean, come on.

I get the whole "let's not sell junk food & crap to kids at school" thing. (Cause, if you put a vending machine in a school, the little punks will eat from it.... I know this. I was a tried & true coke/chips/snickers girl for lunch for years.) But if candy or something is brought from home- wtf? Who cares? This little girl was given the candy by another kid.... I'm kinda surprised that kid wasn't charged with being a dealer. (only half joking.... sadly.)

Let's see. What else? Army Wives is back on. Yea! That makes me happy. Now, I just have to wait for July & The Closer will be back on. Why do I care?- hehe, Mary McDonnell will be in several eppys (double Yipppees!) & we all know she's my acting hero. I'll watch her in anything... in fact, I did (I'm looking at you Sneakers!). That movie sucked.

If you're not watching Parenthood on nbc, you should be. Just sayin'. And since we're conversing about television- Stargate Universe? Don't even bother. It really wishes it were something other ::cough:: Battlestar Galactica ::cough:: than what it really is and it's kinda sad to watch. In fact, I have stopped. Caprica, on the other hand. Good. Not great- but good. Yes, we all know what happens, but the ride to get there has & is quite interesting. (the whole secret to prequels... are you listening Star Wars & X-Men???)

Hmmm. What else can I ramble on about? I really got nothing this time. Oh well.
Have a lovely rest of your Mother's Day weekend! Go call your mom!
L8tr!

No comments :