Monday, May 24, 2010

A Miracle, I Tell You

Something amazing happened last night.

(You're all a tremble with anticipation, I know.)

I actually got to watch Army Wives when it aired and not on the DVR 2 days later!

.............
I know, I know. This may not sound like such an amazing thing when you consider all the world's problems like famine, plagues, humidity, Democrats- but, in my world, it is! It really is! I watch tv by the dvr. It's kinda pathetic, really.

I never. ever. get. to . watch. my. shows. when. they. first. air. EVER.

That's the life of a mom. In the olden days (when all we had were cassette tapes and the slogan "Be Kind Rewind" ruled our lives) one had to remember to put a tape into the VCR and set the timer to record. I do recall having several different shows smashed on one tape.... as a matter of fact, I think I still have some of those tapes under my bed... hmmm.

Anyway, back to my story. Last night, the young tot had his milk, was rocked for a few minutes by his mother and tucked into his crib.... all before 8:50pm! I scurried into my room (yes, I scurried, I'm not ashamed), giddy as a school girl & watched my show. It was glorious I tell you.

In other news, I tried out a new banana/chocolate chip bread I've been tinkering with for a while on Saturday. It's very chocolate-y. Possibly, the chocolate chips need to be cut back, but other than that- yummy! Oh, and I have a couple of burger recipes for you. Yes, I said burgers. Jump back! I know. For the well being of my father (my aversion to compacted meat patties greatly disturbs the man) I have been trying to conquer this. I figure, what the hay? I'm almost 30. Might as well. I'll try and remember :-) to throw those up on the bloggie tomorrow.

Until Then-
Peace Out InterPeeps!

No comments :