Thursday, May 27, 2010

It's Here!

My Southern Living magazine.

Can I just tell you how much joy that gives me? I open my mail box and give a little squeal of joy when I see that shiny new Southern Living mag sitting there all nice and pretty! It's like a present from my Southern roots.

I love it. I really, really love it!

I love the travel tips. The endless travel tips. They span the South. It's fantastic. I have a running list of all the places that I now must go.

Even though I don't garden (I have this issue with remembering to feed and water plants... what? that's God's job. don't judge me.) I love the gardening section. It's nice to know what plants and flowers to plant in what section of the South. And seeing what really, super-freaking talented gardening people can do with their backyards is enough to make me think about running out to a lawn and garden place.... for a minute.

I dream about the lovely Southern Living floor plans. And I love reading about the interesting people and places.

But the food..... oh, the food. My heart belongs to the food. I cannot even begin to describe the joy, THE JOY of reading through the recipes and gleefully working them into the dinner rotation. Pure Joy.

It's kinda like grasping this piece of my past- my family comes from Texas and Alabama. We're the South. The women who came before me were the South. And when I read through my Southern Living magazine, I remember that, I am too.

No comments :