Friday, August 24, 2012

He Joins Me


Five Minute Friday



It's 5 Minute Friday. (go Here to get all the intel on just what 5 Minute Friday is all about. And, while you're at it, I highly recommend reading Lisa-Jo's (I call her by her first name, as if I know her personally. Ah, the internet!) blog and then read some of the other blogs that will be linked up.)

This Friday's Prompt: Join

Go

Off and on all through my son's sweet little life, he's been joining me in my bed to sleep at night. Sometimes when he's sick. Sometimes when he's ha a bad dream. Most often, when he's simply gotten up in the middle of the night for no good reason and is wandering the house.

But lately, oh, since he turned the ripe old age of 4- it's changed. He joins me in my bed almost every night he's with me. I don't quite know what's changed or what truly started this new little bedtime ritual of his. But 9 times out of 10 if you're looking for Jacob at bedtime, you'll find him nicely tucked into "his" spot in my bed.

Sometimes we watch the Rangers game. Some times we watch Star Wars.

But, every night. He looks up at me with those bright blue eyes and says, "I like you Mommy." "I like you too, Jacob."

There will be a pause. And usually he'll hug me.
"I love you, Mommy."
"I love you, too"

And I don't mind so much the jumping and kicking and rolling around. And feeling like I'm sleeping with a wildabeast.

Because he's just 4 for now. And he won't want to join me in bed one day (nor should he!). He won't want to join me for much in days that are coming far, far to quickly.

But, for now. He does.
Stop

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by! My youngest is 4 and she, too, yearns for me to "join" her. Thanks for a sweet snapshot of how precious those moments are.

Unknown said...

I love this! My little guy is only one, and it's all going by too fast. Thanks for reminding me to enjoy the many ways he tries to join me in my daily life.