Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Book Review

I know!

The first one of 2010.

Julie & Julia my year of cooking Dangerously
by Julie Powell

Ok. I got this one for Christmas. Actually, I received the movie as well. (Sweet!) I toted it up to Wheeling with me over the week long trip between Christmas and January 2nd, when we came back. It's 307 pages- it should last me all week.

Yeah, not so much. In between chasing after a 17 month old, visiting family & other such things that one does on a family vacation, I started and completed Julie & Julia in a little under 2 days. You read that correctly.

For those of you who have been living under a rock since the movie with Meryl Streep & Amy Adams came out, Julie & Julia is a memoir written by the lady who blogged her year long adventure through "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" by Mrs. Julia Child. I never read the blog (I know.), but I like Meryl Streep. Yes, I do know that's a truly sideways journey to read a book.

Anyway.

The book. Funny, engaging.... Did I mention that I read it in 2 days?It really is that good. Cons? Possibly a few too many 'f' words thrown around & I really could have done without the twelve thousand evil Republican jabs. If you're a member of the Dark Side- oh, I mean a Democrat, you'll get a kick out of them.

If you're a member of the Republican Party, just do what I did. Roll your eyes and then say, "Well, bless your heart, honey. You must not know any better.".....

(Oh, did I just make an evil Democrat joke? Meow.)

With all that aside, I really enjoyed this read. It was light and airy & exactly what I hoped it would be. And I am greatly looking forward to watching my brand spanking new movie tonight!

...... and, might I also say, on a totally different subject......
HOOK 'EM HORNS!

No comments :