Monday, October 21, 2013

That Time We Went to the Pumpkin Patch


last week we went to the Pumpkin Patch.

More specifically, we went to the Owens Big Orange Pumpkin Patch. This place has been a family tradition for my family (and scores of others) for years. And this year is the last year. Not because we don't want to go anymore, but because the farm is being closed and sold.

Very Sad Day.

It's a super fun place to spend a couple of hours. We went on a Sunday afternoon after church and for just $7 a person we got to roam the farm to our hearts content, check out all the animals, have a hot dog, feed some goats and take a ride on the hayride! I think it's a fabulous deal. We took some family pictures while we were there too.

And, we picked a pumpkin family- 1 pumpkin for each member of the family. We were in a hurry by the time we were picking pumpkins! It was about 15 minutes before closing time. But, we each got a pumpkin that I (err, I mean we) were all happy with. And, the pumpkins in the patch are $2 each.

They do have some bigger, more exotic looking pumpkins- but they do cost more.

Jacob's favorite part of the day was riding the hayride. It goes around the big pond & there's a hide-and-seek game you can play as you go around.

The pumpkin patch runs through the end of this month, so there's still plenty of time to go. If you can get away during the middle of the week, the price is $6 and includes a pumpkin, instead of a hot dog.




I don't know what we'll do next year for our pumpkin patch outing. I hope I can find another farm! But even if I do, I'll  miss the Owens Farm and all the memories we've made there!

Does your family have a specific pumpkin patch you go to every year?

No comments :